Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Countdown Begins

A headline on msnbc.com today stopped me in my tracks:

"Clock Running on Bush Presidency"

Whoa! While I've been distracted temporarily by the 2007 World Series victory of the Red Sox, the upcoming primaries, the perilous state of Pakistan -- even (gulp) the excellence being shown by two other Boston sports teams: the Celtics and Patriots -- the clock has started to run out for the Chimp.

I have one word for this: alle-fuckin'-luia!!! For all the hatred I have for this man (and I don't use "hate" lightly here), I've not noticed the day-to-day BS he continues to perpetuate on all of us. But this article reminded me that this too shall pass. So how will the dope spend his last year?

Bush will venture to four other continents, get more involved than ever in trying to forge Middle East peace, and continue to command two wars that assure his relevancy to the end. As Iraq improves, he must now deal with renewed violence in Afghanistan and upheaval in Pakistan.

At home, Bush will try to extend two domestic achievements that are dear to his legacy — the No Child Left Behind education law, and tax cuts that otherwise expire in 2010.


Well, you wonder if he could screw things up worse than they already are...particularly in the Middle East and environs. I still scratch my head and wonder how Congress allowed him to take his eye off the ball in Afghanistan/Pakistan and go his own way in Iraq. That will haunt me, and most of this country, for years to come.

Let the countdown begin...

4 comments:

Ted D said...

Back to Back posts? You really HAVE turned a new leaf!

You and I have touched on this before and it makes me scratch my head as well. Only thing I can figure is that 9/11 freaked us out as a country so bad that it was full steam ahead on getting the bad guys. I'll admit, I was as guilty as the next person about now questioning it too much. Now I wish I, and congress, had.

Thanks for keeping me thinking about something other than my family and the Red Sox. Like I said earlier, you're sort of my CNN and FOX News right now! Just remember it's me, and give me some filler every now and then.

Otherwise, I get a headache.

Ted D said...

not now, *not*

Tex said...

i saw a bumper sticker that made me think of you

I pledge allegiance...not thoughtless obedience

beckperson said...

Tex, you get me, don't you?


:)