Friday, May 20, 2005

Getting Smarter About This Stuff (I hope)

The conference I attended in NYC on content syndication (via blogging/RSS feeds...and more) ended up benefitting both my work life and my alternative universe (aka this blog). So lately, most of my on-computer time lately has been spent reading other bloggers, especially some of the experienced folks who made presentations at the conference. The results so far? I've added an RSS feed here, as well as a new site meter.

On the less visible side, I've learned about some of the sites (like Technorati and SubPub) where you can find out who may be linking to you and perhaps what others are saying about your work (and you). It's actually incredible to begin to contemplate just how many people are doing this kind of thing -- for busines or pleasure. I will add some of the learnings here in a post next week, as well as links to some of the very interesting blogs that I think a lot of you will enjoy.

Just wanted to explain why there's been not much heft to the recent posts. I hope the end result will be a better, more interesting and user-friendly blog.

AND, of course, there will be more comments about the political doings in DC...which are mind-boggling per usual. (BTW, one of the most interesting presentations at the conference were from folks on the Dean campaign -- and Markos of "DailyKos" fame. Very interesting discussion on their experiences during the last election cycle.)

Later, folks.

No comments: