Thursday, August 11, 2005

Winning...by a landslide

Celebrating my birthday at Fenway Park was a delight! The Sox cooperated by beating the tar out of the Texas Rangers 16-5 (scoring 9 runs in the eighth inning alone)! The evening was toasty warm, we had a wonderful pre-game dinner at a place called "The Summer Shack," and got home at the ungodly hour of 12:30 a.m. And, we got to witness one of Manny's incredibly long home runs.

The only fly in the ointment, were the two dopes who threw out the ceremonial first pitch. None other than the Chimp's parents! I am in agreement with this blogger, who thinks that the Chimp's mom isn't necessarily the sweet little white-haired grandmotherly type. Ever since she dissed Geraldine Ferraro back in the '80s, I haven't had much good to say about her.

However, despite the minor interruption from Grandma and Grandpa Wingnut, a good time was had by all. (And, I must admit, I booed the shit out of them...not that they could hear me from the cheap seats. Oh well...I did my part. Kinda wanted to ask them to put a good word in with the Chimp to sit down with Cindy Sheehan, or ask them why Barbara and Jenna weren't signing up for the Marine Corps.)

Anyway, another birthday come and gone. Do I have any profound things to say? Nah..just enjoy 'em as it's better than the alternative!

Here's a pic from the ending of last night's game, for your enjoyment (we're 5.5 games ahead of the MFYs!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at the description of George Sr, and "Grandma"....the best part was asking why Jenna and Barbara haven't signed up for the Marines yet! You are a reat nut case, you know that, right? But you make me laugh. Glad the Sox gave you a win on your birthday.