Sunday, August 21, 2005

Anti-War Vigil: Wednesday, August 17

Almost forgot to record for posterity the pro-Cindy Sheehan candlelight vigil I attended. There were about 60 people who gathered on the rotary in the center of Westboro, Mass. My friend, Rita, and I attended, along with people of various ages and sizes. Not much to report other than people came, lit candles, stood on the perimeter of the rotary facing traffic (which was mostly unaware or reacted positively).

I was shocked to hear that more than 400 people showed up on Fountain Square in Cincinnati. Is that true?

Here's a picture of our vigil:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you hear that?? If it's true, I'm very surprised and very impressed !!

beckperson said...

I had read the number on DailyKos the other night when the vigils were held, given by a participant. I did a Google on it just now and came across this article that says there were 200 people (even so, that's A LOT of people for Cincinnati!). Nice job.

Here's the link: http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/08/17/bush.protests.ap/