Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Pitchers and Catchers-Reporting Day!

As a palette cleaner from the politics of the day, I give you Jonathan Papelbon, the happiest man on earth. He held court at the first day of spring training for the World Champion Boston Red Sox, waxing poetic on everything from traveling to Japan to play ball, driving down the Florida highway to spring training, whether the ball from the final out of the World Series was really chewed up by his dog, and probably a million other things, most of which likely would be unsuitable for children.

Have I mentioned how much I adore Paps? I love his lightheartedness and childlike approach to life. But what I like even more is THAT face - the one he uses to stare down opposing batters. It's the face of a psychotic, and he uses it to help put himself into a trance of epic proportions. It's the face of the last out of the 2007 World Series. And just when I had finally gotten over the celebratory Riverdancing of last fall, he's back on our TVs marking the opening of Spring Training 2008.

Let the games begin!

*Photo at top from AP and is probably the best one I've ever seen of Mr. P; second photo from Sports Illustrated.

8 comments:

Tex said...

Paps IS me. i get the deadon serious mode at work...mowing em all down who get in front of me.
and off work?? well YOU've seen me in action. nuff said.

Live LIFE. Work Hard Play Hard.

Ted D said...

Pap is certifiable.

Which is one more reason why I heard him.

So is Tex; she knows how I feel about my big sis.

HorshamScouse said...

Looking forward to seeing that look again.

Off topic, but do you know why your comment box won't go full screen?

beckperson said...

John, I didn't know that, but it's probably something in the settings. Since I never expected anyone to comment, I probably set it up wrong.

Will baseball EVER get here. I'm getting the itch to hear Remy!

beckperson said...

Hmmmm, I changed the settings so that comments aren't in a popup box - do you like that better, HS? :)

HorshamScouse said...

Worked a treat, Becks. Now in all its full-screen glory!

HorshamScouse said...

//Since I never expected anyone to comment//
And I'm nothing if not picky:)

Tex said...

yah cos its ALL about YOU HS!! :)