Sunday, December 02, 2007

Life with Mac

For those of you who are interested, I have been having technical problems with posting since I got the new Mac. That, plus the fact I haven't had anything exciting to report have kept me away from Blog Land. I wrote the post below about two weeks ago, but have been trying to figure out how to import pictures into iPhoto. I figured I shouldn't waste it, so at least it's out there, for history's sake (::insert rolling eyes here::).

Getting acclimated to the MacBook has been very interesting. I've found that I hate Safari (the browser that comes with it) and have switched to Firefox. It was a big challenge to export Windows Explorer "favorites" into a Mac using Safari - took me the better part of a day to complete it. I'm also getting adjusted to life without a right click button, as well as the ability to delete forward (just found out this can be done by holding the function key down when hitting the delete button).

Overall, using a Mac is a most pleasant experience - it's visually beautiful, feels great to the touch, and has some really interesting tools. Funnily enough, I can now have instant messages read out loud to me, which I discovered one night when Bobbers sent me a silly message - quite funny to hear out loud, read by a disembodied computer voice! The iPhoto software is so incredibly easy to use that I'm finally getting a handle on organizing all my digital images. I just wish it was this easy to organize my HOUSE!

No comments: