Friday, December 28, 2007

Thank You, David

Since the television writer's strike, I've been amazed at how much I miss three shows that I regularly record on our DVR: Late Night with David Letterman, The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. There's some good news to report on this front, with Letterman signing an independent deal to return to the air with his writers in tow.

It's one thing to get through the holiday season without these shows, but I'm not sure I could get through a cold and dismal January the same way. If you're interested in asking Comedy Central to bring back the other two shows WITH THEIR WRITERS, go here. In actuality, I think the writers are striking appropriately to get a few cents more per show based on the fact that their work is available in so many new media formats. Let's hope they're all back soon - the presidential candidates are getting off way too easy.

3 comments:

Ted D said...

Becks, I'm with you on the writers. The studios are obviously making huge amounts of money, otherwise they wouldn't have let it get this far. The other thing that bothers me is this strike is affecting all the people that don't make a ton of money: writers, make up people, construction folks, etc..

Tex said...

what i think ironic for comedy shows...i thought this comedians got as far as they did cos THEY were the funny ones. you mean they have to have people write stuff for them??? That's when I realized the unfairness of it all.
same thing when politicians have their speech writers. rant over.

Beth said...

Beck: I'm embarrassed to admit this is the first time I've visited your blog - but not the last!!

I saw Sweeney today - I loved it!