Friday, October 26, 2007

Whew!

Baseball has sucked the life out of me, even more than usual. There's not much room for politics or other pursuits that typically occupy my mind. The Sox are up 2-0 in the World Series after two games that couldn't have been more different. Game 1 was an orgy of Red Sox hits - they set a number of records, including the most doubles ever in a World Series game. Final score: 13-1 on a game pitched magnificently by Josh Beckett. Game 2 was a nailbiter. Final score: 2-1 in a well-pitched game by my favorite Republican, Curt Schilling.

Everyone's saying the Sox are going to take the series, unless you are a native of Colorado (or a MFY fan, I suppose). I'm feeling very good about it and wouldn't be surprised if it was a sweep.

Luckily, I have XM Radio and I've been listening for my roughly 90 minute daily commute to the MLB coverage. I'm not familiar with all the analysts, but I'm finding it really interesting to hear the national coverage of our boys. Today, for instance, there was a lengthy interview with Mike Lowell, talking all about where he positions himself depending on which pitcher is on the mound. I found it a fascinating discussion and something that hasn't been covered a lot locally.

I'm having the most interesting reaction as I listen to the national news - a feeling of pride in the Red Sox organization, and in the individual players. Something tells me the country is going to embrace a few of the young stars - especially our Riverdancing Closer, Jonathan Papelbon.

So, along with other Sox addicts, we will be tuned in to each of the last few games...won't you?

3 comments:

Ted D said...

EVERYBODY Riverdance!

Becks, are you listening to the MLB channel on your XM? I'm not a big fan of Dibble and Kennedy, but the morning guys are pretty good.

I know I'm spent: though not as bad as '04. When we finally broke through, I don't have the anger to go along with the angst any more.

Tex said...

could ya turn off the light when ya are done. im tard

HorshamScouse said...

Just passing through, Becks.
Can't stop saying the Red Sox are World Series Champions, AGAIN.!!