Saturday, October 06, 2007

Been a While...

This has been an odd week. First, there's the summerlike weather. It's October and we're still sleeping with all the windows open? It's October and I'm still watering the flowers? I don't mind in the least. I think reality will set in soon enough.

It's also been a busy week for us - had the house painted early in the week (in two days - man, those dudes fly!). Didn't expect to get that job finished this season, but the painter called and said he had the time and the weather is cooperating, so we figured we might as well get a jump on the spring chores.

Bobbers went on a short business trip to D.C. He rarely travels alone, but I think he had a really good time and enjoyed the seminar on the latest in digital high def video. But I also am very glad to have him home!

My friend Susan and I added another fun night to our Longest Goodbye Ever this week. Her husband was also away on business so I spent the night with her on Wednesday. We had a nice dinner together and watched the Sox and Josh Beckett beat the ever-lovin' stuffing out of the Angels in the first playoff game of the ALDS. Best part? Sitting with Susan in our pajames with our feet up on the coffee table, sipping red wine, munching on a bar of dark chocolate, watching the game. Now that's entertainment. (Ted, I also pointed Susan to your blog to let her know there were other wild-eyed Sox fans in NC.)

Then, there was last night. After my usual Friday afternoon swim, I came home to watch the MFYs lose to the Indians. Boy, was I cheering for those damn bugs! I have a suspicion that the fans of Red Sox Nation will NOT let Joba forget about them in the years ahead. "The Curse of the Canadian Soldier?" Sounds good to me!

Afterwards, we were glued to the Sox-Angels game. Dice-K was a bit shaky but luckily Tito had a quick hook. The bullpen was O.U.T.S.T.A.N.D.I.N.G. They no-hit the Angels for the last five innings of the game. I believe the Red Sox bullpen is to be feared in the playoffs this year.

And, boy, did Manny come through! That home run was as sure a thing as I've EVER seen when it left his bat. Sailed one into the early morning darkness at around 1 a.m. this morning. I love this picture (from Boston.com), which an internet buddy (JET) called the 'Largest Game of Simon Sez Ever.' I love this team.

So, how was your week?

1 comment:

Ted D said...

Becks,

Wow. You had an eventful week! Glad Bob made it home safe, and that you got to spend some more time with Susan before she moves.

Thanks for the mention and tell Susan to stop by when she moves and I'll let her babysit the hellions for a night!

Great game last night, and thanks to JET for posting that picture!

AIRPLANG!!!!