Sunday, November 04, 2007

You Take The Low Road, I'll Take the High Road...

and I'll be in Scotland afore ye.

Or something like that.

Yes, tonight I'm going on a quick business trip to Aberdeen, Scotland, home of one of my company's businesses. Plane leaves at 10 pm, and I arrive at around 3 pm local time (after a change of planes in Amsterdam). Then it's two days of meetings and flying back on Thursday in time for supper (I believe - might help if I actually checked the itinerary).

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about this here blog over the past few days and the fact that I've left it unattended since the Red Sox won the World Series. But I made a conscious decision to enjoy the coverage on TV and in our local newspapers rather than add my two cents worth here. Suffice to say, I ate up every minute of the coverage - so much so that I wanted to stuff a sock in McCarver's mouth by the time it was all over. But that was the bad stuff. The good stuff was seeing our team enjoy itself through every moment of the parade and through visits to various national TV shows. Manny on The Tonight Show? If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I never would have believed it. Papelbon and Papi, yes. Manny always keeps us guessing, that's for sure.

After a tough week at work in which everyone was recovering from World Series mania, I was able to close it down with a visit from my favorite Texan and my SG co-conspirator JET. Slowly but surely, all the wacky band of bloggers over at Surviving Grady are meeting one another. Each person I meet convinces me that we are truly lucky to have found a group of like-minded individuals to share our baseball obsessions.

So, I'll catch you all later in the week - just wanted to let you know that there is more to come!

2 comments:

Ted D said...

Becks, have a safe trip and try to squeeze in some fun and a few pints along the way.

Isn't Tex the best? She's like my long lost sister, and while I've never met Jet, we've emailed and spoken on the phone, so I feel like I know her.

The SG family is a special group, and I'm looking forward to meeting as many of them as I can.

Tex said...

You LIKE ME!! YOU REALLY LIKE ME!! :)