Saturday, January 28, 2006

An Historic Moment

While I have been very skeptical about whether the Democrats can do anything at all to stop the confirmation of ScAlito, I very much support the efforts of my state's senators Kerry and Kennedy. They have called for the filabuster, even though it may be the longest of long shots. I happen to think we should do everything we can do make the Chimp's life miserable. And while we may not have the votes to stop ScAlito, we should at least use the filabuster time to take center stage in the Senate and talk about all the evils being perpetrated by the Administration. Might make a nice counter-punch to all the crap coming up this week in the Chimps's State of the Union speech.

In the meantime, every mainstream media outlet will be complaining about the Democrats and their "lost cause" but I say we should go down fighting, and I'm proud that the senators from Massachusetts are leading the way.

1 comment:

Watch 'n Wait said...

Wonderful idea! The turning lemons into lemonade idea. Excellent!

And yes...if Dems aren't standing tall against Alito, then they're crawling for Bush.