Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

2006 is here and here's hoping it treats the Chimp just as well as 2005 did!

As for the rest of us, 2005 was actually pretty good, now that I've started to look at it, but I'm looking forward to a few improvements in the New Year. This includes better mental health for my hubbles, better physical health for me. Can I finally get back to losing weight? I have been gaining and losing the same 4 or 5 pounds for a year (or so). The good news is I'm not gaining, but it's time to move my weight even further down this coming year. We're also looking into joining a yoga class or two - for His stress relief, to help me improve my back.

Come to think of it, 2005 finally brought an end to my back problems. Who knew that getting off my ass would be precisely what I need? (I know, practically all of you reading this blog know this, I guess I'm a slow learner.) I can credit my chiropractor for delicately suggesting that this would be exactly what I needed. Danielle, here's to you!

We had a great New Year's Eve - watched DVD concerts, circa 1970s. First on tap was "The Concert for Bangladesh" with Leon Russell stealing the show. Next, we watched Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's concert from the 30th Anniversary disc of "Born to Run," which was fabulous (kinda reminding me of my first Bruce concert in 1978). Then we watched probably the best concert movie of all time "The Last Waltz." If you haven't seen it, and you enjoy good bluesy rock and roll, get to it soon.

Anyway, Happy New Year to all -- hopefully I'll also regain my blogging habit!

All the best to all of you.

No comments: