Sunday, February 27, 2005

Oscar Night

Well, before the night goes on too far, I want to go on record as saying I don't think "Million Dollar Baby" should win the Best Movie Oscar. It was an interesting movie and Hillary Swank was great -- and I liked very much how it looked. But, to tell you the truth, I thought Clint Eastwood was terrible...that raspy whispery voice and the cheesy crusty old guy with a heart of gold was just a bit much. AND, I thought the second half of the movie was gross. I spent most of it with my eyes closed.

I didn't particularly like "The Aviator" either but if I have to make a choice, this would be the one I think should win the Best Movie. I'm holding out hope that when I see "Sideways" it will impress me more than either of these.

Anyway, it's 9:30 pm and "The Aviator" has won a couple of awards. Hopefully, it bodes well for more ahead.

No comments: