Tuesday, April 29, 2008

And Then There's Kyle

By popular demand, I need to go back and tell the Saturday story of arriving at the airport with a certain tall curly-haired Texan.

Let me begin where it all started. The airport van pulled up to a jam-packed JetBlue terminal early on Saturday morning and we barely had room to unload the suitcases. In fact, the back doors of the van were blocking the crosswalk, causing everyone to walk around them. I noticed as we awaited the retrieval of our suitcases that a bunch of well-dressed young men pulling carry-on bags kept coming around. It was somewhat frustrating because they kept getting in the way of the van driver. Eventually, we were able to make our way into the terminal, with the crowd of men surrounding us. As we walked to the kiosk to pick up our boarding passes, Bob turns to me and says, "That guy looks like Kyle Snyder." I looked up, thinking to myself: "It won't be Kyle Snyder, Bob doesn't even know what Kyle Snyder looks like." But, as the group of men moved beyond us, I saw this particularly tall guy ahead, towering above the others.

"Hey, that IS Kyle Snyder!" By this point, I was standing in front of the kiosk with my credit card in my hand. I quickly rooted through my purse to find my phone so I could take his picture, not caring whether I dropped my wallet (yes, a recurring theme) or blocked anyone else from getting their boarding passes. Bob probably thought I was nuts, but I KNEW that if I didn't get this picture, a certain bunch of friends would never forgive me.

So, do you think Kyle knew I was taking his picture?



I got another one of the back of his head - perhaps any of you eagle-eyed people might recognize other members of the Pawtucket Red Sox?



Then there is this one of Kyle when he walked by the Starbucks counter where we enjoyed a muffin and coffee pre-flight:



And, once the excitement of seeing Kyle wore off, I managed to get Craig Hansen, who looks WAY better in a business suit than a baseball uniform:



And then there's Craig buying his Vitamin Water:



So, that is my brush with fame early on a Saturday morning in April. Ta dah!

4 comments:

Beazer said...

You're doing God's work here, Becks.

You know, if God was a stalker. ;)

Great pics, thanks!!!

Glad you're having such a great time!

Tex said...

back to AustinPalooza

kyle is adorable

sittingstill said...

Having been in that terminal a couple of times recently, I can tell you I'd have been losing my mind if I were sitting there with the PawSox!

Looks like Jeff Bailey walking ahead of Kyle in the first shot. I've got nothing on the second--can't really tell if the bald fellow is short enough to be Lee Gronkiewicz.

Ted D said...

Becks, that is all kind of awesome you saw Kyle at the airport!

I missed so much while I was away.