Sunday, August 26, 2007

That's Amore

Once upon a time, when I was a newlywed it was very hard to get me up in the morning. I was cranky and unsmiling and generally not real fun to be around. But Bobbers had a couple of tricks up his sleeve to get me to face the day with a better outlook. He would put the stereo on really loud with this song playing. (It was long enough ago that he put on a 45 rpm record on the turntable.)

Without fail it would make me laugh, or at least not snap at him. So ultimately it was probably more of a defensive measure for him.

In the decades since, the tables have turned and now Bob is the one who wakes up with a bit of a snarl.

So this post is for him as a pre-emptive strike against the Monday blues, with all my love.

5 comments:

Ted D said...

Aww, Bobbers is a lucky fella: 'course, if Angie ever did that I'd probably throw the clock through the TV.

Ted is NOT a morning person.

One day, I'll need an alarm clock again: for now, I'm on Trot time.

Tex said...

Awwwwww Becks. Thats such a Sweeeeeeeet Story. I like Bobbers EVEN AMORE :)

I want you two to plan a trip to Austin and hit up some live music and maybe some poetry open mics

beckperson said...

Tex, getting us to your fair state will not happen until AT LEAST January 21, 2009...maybe longer. Unfortunately a certain person has SOURED us on Texas just a tad. Thank Pod you came along and renewed our faith!

But I guarantee you, if we are ever planning a trip to Texas IT WILL BE to Austin, and we will enjoy ourselves hearing the great music and eating the great food! Hey, maybe we should reconsider...

Anonymous said...

bobbers said...

Thank you dear ! I remember those times well - I just went in and dug out the '45's and found a few other pieces of the musical arsenal for when 'That's Amore' just wasn't enough.

High Hopes - Frank Sinatra
Seattle - Perry Como
Strangers in the Night - Frank Sinatra [...doobie doobie doo...]

not sure how I missed 'When the red, red robin comes bob, bob, bobbin' along'

I also found a very special one

You Decorated My Life - Kenny Rogers

I'm happy to say I still feel VERY decorated !

Thank you !

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think that's one story I've never heard. I can just picture it, and only Bobbers could come up with something like that.. And Bobbers, you still have 45's??

You and Bobbers are so lucky to have each other.