Sunday, August 12, 2007

Conundrum No More

Seems my dear hubby reads this blog.

This year's birthday came with a great surprise attached in the form of a brick-sized black box. Inside...you guessed it...was an iPhone! I've been spending a good part of this beautiful summer weekend getting to know it and iTunes a great deal better. Made a few mistakes along the way syncing everything up, but I think I'm getting the hang of this newfangled toy.

The usability factor of the iPhone rates high, along with everything that Apple builds. It's so simple I'm always surprised when the first attempt at an action doesn't go as expected. In fact, there were times I was making the action too hard...looking for a button that didn't exist, etc.

For me, the cellphone is the least of it, although I suspect I'll actually use it since it comes along with the other stuff. But, it's also a full-fledged entertainment tool, with the ability to play music, browse photographs (I put all 777 photos from the Ireland trip on it with tons of room to spare!), surf the internet, watch TV and listen to podcasts.

So, I'm hooked (and thankfully it kept me from watching the horror show that is the Boston Red Sox this weekend).

Thanks, Bobbers!

11 comments:

KAYLEE said...

I really want one of those.

Ted D said...

Becks,

I am tecnologically brain dead, so I admire you for your willingness to experiment with the thing: I'd probably stare at it, too scared to open it!

Glad Bob is reading, but be careful: Angie has raked me over the coals a few times for something I wrote that SHE read!

Can you imagine? Me saying something stupid.

Kaylee, how are you on the computer in the hospital?

Hope the surgery went well.

Tex said...

Becks you have a SUPAH hubby!! Great gift!! Ted I think you should stick to the rotary. Glad kaylee is good enough to post. :)

since Bob reads this. Hi Bob!!

Ted D said...

Rotary?

Tex, I'm dumb, not stupid.

I have one of those push button phones with REALLY big numbers.

beckperson said...

You guys make me smile on what could be a very bad Monday morning!

Kaylee, if you come back to visit, I just wanted to send you good wishes on a speedy recovery. It's amazing how fast they get you up and at 'em in the hospital, isn't it? Hope you're feeling well and glad to hear the surgery went ok. PVs to you!

Ted, I did literally stare at the box a good while before opening it - it scared me just a little, I'm not ashamed to say!

Tex, let us be positive, positive positive in the weeks ahead. God, how I hate having such a close race! Pisses me off!

Happy Monday all!

Unknown said...

I may actually be able to get in touch with you!!!!

Call me and I will give you my Iphone number.

Bob (the brother who has had to take his back for a replacement once already)

Anonymous said...

Ted laptops were a great invention and thanks becks and tex:)

KAYLEE said...

Yeah it is i should be back on Sg by wednesday :P

Nancy said...

Does it vacuum and iron, too? ;)

hayes said...

I am very jealous, but can't say anything mean cuz I just read your meet up post from July. The girls hipped me to it and thanks for the kinds words. I had a great time meeting you and the 'lurker' and can't wait to do it again. This blog will be a more frequent stop.

xo

beckperson said...

hayes...welcome! We don't need to wait for Tex to get together again (much as we will miss her). Maybe we should have a local meetup, just because. Whatever happened to bowling night?