Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Red Sox Post Mortem

I know you've all been waiting with bated breath for my reaction to the Red Sox loss in the ALDS - in a sweep, no less. Well, it was a bummer. But, when you actually think about it, we in New England have literally experienced a non-stop, two year baseball season in which the Sox players, management, field and everything else that could be attached, were so over-exposed, over-hyped that I think people were actually a bit fed up. (Interestingly, the Patriots won 2 Super Bowls during the same time period and don't actually get the same kind of air time.)

Nevertheless, I was disappointed in the way they ran out of steam, but I was highly delighted when the MFY's managed to screw up their series as well. We've been enjoying watching the games since then - without the emotional toll, and lack of sleep. I personally am rooting for the Astros - probably because they've never been in the World Series. But, it's also because I'd rather that the world champ be from the National League so we don't have to face them regularly next year and get as sick of them as everyone else was of the Red Sox this year. If you follow that logic, I applaud you.

Here's my hope for the off-season: get some PITCHING. And, keep Johnny Damon on the team. Please. And, just because I can, here's a relic of last year for you:

No comments: