Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Corporate America Sucks

Well, my best friend and most esteemed colleague at the office was laid off today. I'm pissed off, so no blogging tonight. Only a glass of wine and some de-stressing allowed.

My friend is going to do well because she is a smart professional, blessed with lots of talent and many years of experience. But after working side-by-side with her for more than 10 years, it will be difficult for me to move on. Like always, the actual process today was handled very poorly, and IMHO the company chose the wrong person to let go. But, as I learned a long time ago, life is just not fair.

*sigh*

Truth be told, I'm sort of jealous that she will have some time off and a chance to begin anew in her professional life.

Well, bon voyage, SMG! Keep an eye out for a job for me, ok?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soosie, It's Friday evening and I've just read this entry...we gotta talk!! Hope you're feeling a little better by now and over the shock.