Friday, August 11, 2006

Come Again, Congressman McGovern!

Last night I was delayed coming home from work and, believe it or not, missed a visit to our house by our Congressman. He was making the rounds of registered Democrats in the area on behalf of Deval Patrick, who's running for Governor of our fair state.

The Democratic primary election is in September, and I hadn't made a decision on who I was going to vote for...it was going to be Patrick or Chris Gabrielli. But I think I'll most definitely take a good, long look at Deval Patrick based on our Congressman's endorsement. I just wish the hell I'd been home to shake this man's hand. I'm very impressed with our Congressman - most especially when he took on Mean Jean Schmidt when she called Murtha a chicken during her infamous first speech in the House of Representatives.

Come back, Congressman. We can sit on the porch, have a beer, and talk about how life is going to improve when the Dems take the majority back in the House and Senate this fall. And you can convince me to vote for Deval.

No comments: