Sunday, July 30, 2006

Happy Thoughts

With all the misery I've been recording lately, I thought it might be good to share something (anything!) that has nothing to do with death and destruction.

Let me think:
  • I made a deeeeelicious dinner tonight. It was a salmon salad recipe that I found online by googling "salmon" and "asparagus". I didn't put the eggs in, but added some great tomatoes fresh from the farmstand and some leftover croutons (from our trip to a favorite restaurant yesterday). And, we topped the salad off from corn on the cob from the same farmstand. Yum-o!
  • When we joined the local Y back in April, I rediscovered my love of swimming. This morning, I did 45 minutes of laps before 9 AM. I try to swim at least 3 times a week and I can definitely tell that I'm getting better all the time. It's really amazing what a little invention called 'swimming goggles' does for a person. Can't say I'm a beauty queen in the water, but I guess that's not really the point, now is it?
  • If you're looking for happy news, go here. It's amazingly boring and bland, but if sure beats the current news, now doesn't it?
  • The Red Sox are still in first place by a game over the MFYs. That, in itself, is worth a little happy dance all on its own. ;-) Now I am just keeping my fingers crossed that there are no big trades coming down before the deadline tomorrow. (OOPS, sorry, that was a lapse into potential negativity, wasn't it?)
Well, on to the work week and other happy things, eh?

4 comments:

Susan Gets Native said...

We all need happy news now and then...especially NOW.
Hugs to you and Bob...getting to Cincy anytime soon? We miss you lots and lots.
Hopefully when Geoff goes on a book tour, the girls and I can come along and we can make sure we hit Boston along the way.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Speaking of the Red Sox...last night's game was great! I finally got to see Ortiz hit a walk off homer. Can he be traded to the Reds too?? Pleeeese...

Also, were you doing your happy dance while wearing your bathing suit and goggles??

Susan Gets Native said...

Cath: You've been tagged. See my blog for details. I can't wait to hear some of your stuff!

Anonymous said...

Actually, it's a "Beckman" thing, so you needn't worry about missing it! We are all in a big fat hurry to get everywhere. It's really sick. ;-P