Saturday, February 11, 2006

This Week Flew By

Honest to God, where does the time go? I can't believe a week has nearly passed since my last post. Not that I've been all that busy, but it's been kind of a stressful week. In any event, here are a few links to keep us happy.

First, Mrs. Chimp cracks me up. While traveling the world (currently at the Olympics) she speaks her mind on a couple of things...like cartoon violence etc. But she actually thinks Hillary Clinton's comments about the Administration being the worst ever are "out of bounds." Yes, I note that the words were chosen by a journalist, but still...Mrs. Chimp should know that someone who has "lived in that house" actually knows about the choices that face the president and that he has opportunities to actually do things right. The fact is the Chimp surrounds himself by idiots and makes repeatedly wrong choices. And Hillary is right.

A pal of mine sent me this email last night, which sort of sums up the week:

What a day...Scooter and Cheney; Abramoff visits to Crawford..."Brownie discussing warnings about levees to the White House"; ex-CIA official accusation of misusing data to justify the Iraq war.

Good news just keeps coming. Did you see Coretta King's funeral highlights in the news the other day? The Chimp looked a a deer caught in headlights when speakers were taking jabs at him!
Yes, Mrs. King's funeral was a sight to behold, wasn't it? I would have given ANYTHING to be in the audience for that. Just imagine what it would be like to have someone say...in front of the Chimp...that there were no WMD! And to be able to leap from your seat in applause? I'd give a lot to do that.

So, just in case anyone is curious, if you want to get political at my funeral, you have my permission.

1 comment:

Susan Gets Native said...

I have never wanted to be a black person more than when I watched those mourners rise as one and applaud Bill Clinton. I mean, he WAS our first black president. I sure do miss him. I would rather have an adulterer than a monkey. I wish I was educated enough to express all I feel about everything. That's why I read Cathy's blog, I guess.

Thanks for reading my blog, Cath. You and my father-in-law are the only ones. HUGS!