Saturday, February 25, 2006

Speaking of Good Music

If you're interested in listening to music that is quite good, original, and not found in any ordinary, average, everyday neighborhood cd store, you've come to the right place.

Allow me to introduce Fred Steffen, a guitar-player extraordinaire and all-around great guy. You can buy his double-cd for a mere $20 here. Fred's been writing and playing his own brand of folk and blues for a number of years and since we don't live in the same city, I don't get a chance to hear him live as much as I'd like. But when I do, I'm always in awe of his ability, primarily with the guitar and harmonica, and most recently with piano. If anyone has heard me sing they know I have absolutely no musical talent, but I excel at appreciating other people's abilities in this area.

And if you enjoy the artwork on Fred's CD, you can credit his brother Bob, a talented artist in his own right.

For you trivia buffs out there, check out Song #12 "And I Love You," which was written for our wedding a few (ahem) years ago. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Susan Gets Native said...

I was pleasantly surprised to read this post. I didn't know Bob had such a talented brother. I wrote to Fred, and explained who the hell I was and he wrote back and he sounds so nice and the songs are awesome.

No one tells me anything.