Saturday, April 30, 2005

Random Vacation Thoughts

A bunch of random things pinging around my brain from vacation:

- There are a lot of rich people in San Francisco. Saw a guy fiddling around with his Bentley in a parking lot in Tiburon.

- Everyone in San Francisco owns a dog...and most of them are the precious kind that live in apartments with prissy people.

- People are more environmentally conscious in California. Many containers, in addition to simply soda/beer cans, are redeemable for deposits. And, all public buildings have signs posted in them warning of carcinogens present in them (not sure how good that makes a person feel...but it was interesting to note).

- I swear there is nowhere else on earth that smells better than Sonoma, California.

- On the other hand, there is nowhere else on earth that is tackier than Fisherman's Wharf.

- JetBlue Airlines is fabulous. The seats offer so much legroom, you could actually cross your legs without injuring yourself or anyone nearby.

- I think I could eat get used to eating avocado on a more regular basis.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coolness/ I am glad you got to enjoy the SF goodness. I have been to most of the places in your pictures, and in my next life, when I am rich, I might live in the area.

California would be heaven if it wheren't for all the Californians.

Anonymous said...

Cathy, what I want to know is why was I not invited to go on this trip? I am a harried mother of two kids plus one dog and four cats, and one husband and I could have at least carried your bags or fluffed your pillows or something. Next time you go somewhere cool, I think I should at least get a T-shirt.
HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Really great pics, by the way, Cath.
I just finished "The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill" by Mark Bittner, and I am jonesing to get to SF so I can see the parrots! In case you haven't heard, I have become a VERY INVOLVED birder and to see wild parrots just wheeling around a city would make my day. Did you see any?

beckperson said...

I did see the book about the wild parrots at "City Lights" and almost bought it. Was it a good read? (Unfortunately, we didn't see any parrots, but it would have been way cool.)