Wednesday, March 16, 2005

It Runs in the Family?

Tomorrow is the eighth anniversary of my Dad's death.

This fine human being taught me everything I ever needed to learn about Bush-bashing. For example, during the latter years of his life, Dad lived in Florida when the brothers Bush were governing both Texas and Florida. He was convinced that there was some conspiracy going on between them to control the Gulf of Mexico for the oil interests. Hmmm..a vast right wing conspiracy? When did he and Hilary figure that out?

Besides, Dad never trusted the elder Bush either, and was fond of saying in the late 80's: "How can we trust a president who used to be head of the CIA?" :-) My pop was no deep thinker, but he had an instinct for recognizing b.s. when he saw it. I only hope I inherited half his common sense.

We miss ya, Dad.

No comments: