Friday, May 09, 2008

And in Other News...


The Democrats have selected a nominee, and it is Barack Obama. Don't you just love that picture? The cover of Times says it all.

And now that the decision is made, many are turning to the next topic, which is "Who will be Obama's running mate?"

I like the idea of Jim Webb and some good arguments are made here. Many have speculated that Hillary would be a good vice presidential candidate. I agree with the person who said Obama would then need a food taster in the White House. Besides, she already served as VP back in the '90s. She wants the big job. And luckily for us, she can't have it this time.

It does appear that Obama needs help in the White Man department, so someone who has working class roots or military/security roots might be helpful. It will be fun to watch people lining up for the position in the coming weeks.

*****

We are still in recovery from the trip to Austin. Not in the sense of physical tiredness, but more like "Wow" we saw and did so much. I can definitely see us returning in the near future - Austin just has so much to offer. We were definitely impressed.

But this weekend will be devoted to recoverying from a tough work week, with more to come. Found out this week that I'll be traveling to Tokyo and Shanghai in July for work. Leaving July 5 and returning on July 17. Time to practice the chopsticks and bone up on my Asian culture.

******

The Sox are on fire. So much for their own supposed problems with traveling to the Far East. I like what I'm seeing on this team - they're just a professional, happy, well-rounded group of guys, and fun as hell to watch. Keep it coming!

1 comment:

Ted D said...

Becks, I hadn't seen this yet. WOOT for Obama!

I think he'll pick a white, older politician with some military background. Anyone but Hillary.

And yep; watching the boys is a highlight of my day.