Friday, July 27, 2007

A Cell Phone Conundrum

For the most part, I detest cellphones, and yet I crave the Apple iPhone. What is UP with that?

Am I simply falling for the unrelenting hype? Or, could it be that I'm intrigued by its fancy graphics, the smooth, clean lines of its button-free case? Or, could it be that it doubles as an iPod? And a camera? And a video-player? Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.

Even though my current cellphone from Verizon is adequate - I can take pictures with it, it connects to the web, it's just (::weeps like a teenager::) not cool. Right now it spends most of the time floating around the bottom of my purse, mostly uncharged.

But, I'm also hearing that there are some problems with the iPhone and at a cost of $499, I think I can wait for the bugs to be worked out. But, one day - mark my words - it will be mine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tara and I bought a pair of the 8gig models and LOVE them. We are soooo coool!!!! Nyah.

Bob