Saturday, July 14, 2007

Blogging Excuses

Over the past weeks since we returned from Ireland, I've been thinking quite a bit about updating the blog and adding the latest news from hereabouts. But that isn't getting me anywhere, as you likely have noticed.

Let's just say the summer's getting in the way. I haven't been blogging when it's hot (no a/c at my house, kiddies), or when I'm working (yeah, full time..sucks), or when spending quality time with Bobbers (went away last weekend for an overnighter!), or when I'm pooped (10 pm bedtime? you got it), or when I'm watching the Sox (still 10 games up!), so it leaves me precious little time for this poor little blog. But I do ponder my next post during my daily commute or when I'm falling asleep (when I seem to get my best ideas), so eventually it will come out in pixel form on this space. I'm sure you're all waiting with bated breath.

In the meantime, here's a few pictures from the Sox game we went to the other night. It was a gorgeous night at Fenway. My good buddies, SMG and Mr. SMG and E enjoyed it as well. You know Boston is baseball-crazed when we pay $30 for standing room. But it was on the new right field deck, with its own restroom, bar and food stand, so there were some benefits. They've done a remarkable job keeping that 95-year-old park up and running. And, yes, my boys won the game, too.

Bobbers and I will be going to another Sox game next Saturday - it's supposed to be on Fox, so anyone outside the greater New England area can also watch. (We have a seat this time, too!)









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just finished "Assault on Reason" and there is an interesting piece on blogging. Blogging is a promising sign for our national conversation involving concerned citizens who want to share their ideas and opinions with the public.
By posting their ideas, bloggers are reclaiming the tradition of our Founders of making their reflections on the state of national affairs available to the public. The book goes on to remind us that television is a powerful force on shaping the electorate's thinking--viewers are receiving but cannot send and thus no true interaction. Blogging is a tool that helps citizens to become fully connected "to an open and robust forum." SO KEEP ON BLOGGING!