Sunday, April 29, 2007

My iPod Shuffle Makes Me Crazy

The idea of an iPod Shuffle is so intriguing. I love the ability to carry around 250 or so songs in all kinds of unique combinations of playlists. Of course, it would be better if it actually worked. I received one as a gift for Christmas and I'm now on my FOURTH one - having returned three of them after they stopped working. Arggghhhhh.

So tomorrow I make another trek to the Apple story to visit my own person genius, Omar. Yes, they really call their techies geniuses. And, yes, his name is Omar. We're on a first name basis now, since my last visit was just last Monday.

I suppose I'll go back to my Zen MP3 player which isn't nearly as sexy looking, nor as small. But it has worked without a hitch for at least 3 years - and I've never had to return it - not once.

If anyone has had similar experiences, or can recommend another iPod that has better reliability, I'm all ears.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my old 3 series has worked fine for about three years now without incident. Bummer about yours. I would send a direct complaint to Jobs if I where you...

B

beckperson said...

Went ahead and upgraded to Nano today...we'll see what happens next. I'm sure you'll all stay tuned for the latest update to my musical conundrum.

Anonymous said...

jetison said:

I personally think it's the shuffle - not the product but the concept. Music was not intended to be shuffled - that's why they made cards. A price must be paid for defying the laws of art - and physics.

Anonymous said...

bobbers said:

Wow ! That last comment was just cruel - some sicko no doubt. I hope the aggravation from the Shuffle fiasco can be offset with the fun you've had getting new experiences from your music, and your new Nano will increase the possibilities.

If I had met you just last week I'm sure I would have taken a critical look at your iPod as I did your record collection almost 30 years ago [!] and been just as impressed !

And I liked your latest invention - the alphabetical playlist - a clever sense of adventure wrapped in an orderly disguise - brilliant !

Can't wait till our next highway adventure to experience the next musical transliteration. Would be fun to try a honeymoon do-over with Sabu and Nano.