Monday, May 29, 2006

We're Back

A trip to the West Coast is always interesting...I find it always fun to be in a different time zone, yet I spend half the time trying to figure out what time it is back home. As my family will attest, I've always have had difficulties telling time, so I guess this just complicates matters for me!

So, having never been to Oregon, I must say I was impressed. Portland is a really fun city - full of great restaurants, interesting views, some eccentric people and of course, the home of my brother. We had a nice opportunity to celebrate his birthday and get to see his new abode. He was a great host...driving us all over the place, all with good humor, especially considering he probably has seen these sights a million times.

The coastline was gorgeous and the weather cooperated just enough to give us some great views. We also drove through the Columbia River Gorge and took some backroads to see the Evergreen Aviation Museum...home of Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose airplane. (If you saw the movie "Aviator" it was the plane he flew at the end of the movie.)

Here's a sampling of some of the zillion+ pictures we took. Enjoy!




My brother and sister on the bridge!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!

Susan Gets Native said...

Cath,
Got to see Mary Lou, Beth and Melanie today. And heard all about Nancy's icky stomach...poor thing! And that you were all calling her "Weez" because of her shuffling around. Good grief, no one can be SICK in this family without getting picked on.
:-)