Tuesday, March 18, 2008

History in the Making

OK, I admit it. I'm fully, madly, deeply supportive of Senator Obama. Today proved it most forcefully for me.

I'm sure he realized that at some point he was going to have to give a speech like this, and it came at a time when he apparently most needed it. All of us should ask ourselves, when was the last time a politician actually talked to us? Actually talked in a way that was normal, about a topic that each of us faces every day?

::scratching my head::

Well, the answer is simple: never. If you haven't had a chance to hear the speech today, here it is. Do yourself a favor and let yourself listen. We'll all be better for having done so.

3 comments:

Ted D said...

Becks, I watched the whole thing. He di a GREAT job in explaining his position and not hanging his pastor out to dry.

Yes. We. Can.

Anonymous said...

I listened to the wack jobs on talk radio yesterday afternoon and then read the text of Obama's speech this morning.

The wack jobs are crazy. This was a great speech and Obama addressed what none of us wants to talk about.

sssssssss said...

Becks, while in the ER last night I was PISSED that I had to wait until I got home to see this speech.

What a fabulous job he did.