Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Ireland, ho!

It is truly hard to believe, but it's now just a week till we leave for Ireland and our brother's wedding. I'm not sure that Tara knows quite what she's getting into. Let's just say that the fact that they'll be living 2,000 miles from the nearest relative will be quite beneficial. I wish them well as they begin this new phase of their lives. Welcome aboard, Tara! We truly are glad to have you.

Now, about the trip. My sister and my friend, Rita, and I will be spending a week in Ireland, including 3 two-night stops: Ennis (close to the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren), Adare (a fairy-tale village of thatched roof cottages, where the wedding takes place), and Killarney (probably the most "American" of towns in Ireland. As my Irish friend Andrew says, "It's rather shamrock-y." I don't know if we'll want to be known as Americans when we'r there. Maybe we can pass as Canadian?) On the other hand, Killarney is close to some of the most beautiful scenery in all of Ireland.

So, we're counting the days, checking the weather reports and I know I'm revising my carry-on bag contents daily. Armed with a couple of books, a few snacks and whatever liquids allowed these days, I'm sure we'll be fine.

The trip will be computer-less...somehow shlepping the laptop across the ocean does not thrill me. So we'll take copious notes and do a full report when we're back. We will, however, be photographing the bejesus out of the place (including the wedding), so that should make for interesting blog fodder.

1 comment:

LauraHinNJ said...

So... you're back. Hope you'll share some pics.